Monday 16 May 2011

Change.

For the past week I have literally thought about changing who I am. What really made me realise that I need to change aspects of my life are my two friends, Ollie and Griff. They made me realise I don't really have much self respect and I need to stop messing around and selling myself cheap.

All I have done since I split up with my ex boyfriend (17 months ago) is mess around with guys purely because being single was something new to me as I was in two long term relationships since I was 15.

I wasn't this person before, I used to never ever sleep with anyone apart from in relationships. I used to have some self control and I think a year ago I started to lose it.

When girls start to sleep around they get away with it for a bit but then when you start telling people about what you are doing, you get judged. You are brutally told that you are ''easy'' when really all you thought you were doing was having fun. As more people tend to make jokes about whoring yourself out and having ''fun'' It starts to dwell on you that maybe there is some element of reality in these comments.

I don't want it to get the point where I start to build a negative reputation for myself. My friends tell me that at university in Fresher's week the girls who sleep with guys are talked about, they never live down the reputation they get after this week. It is never forgotten that they have slept with someone every night of the week. But then of course when a guy does it he is just such a lad and a player and all his friends egg him on. Why do us girls have to receive such negativity when we are just simply having fun, doing exactly the same as what the guy does.

No comments:

Post a Comment