Monday 15 November 2010

''Fashion Image'' And Other Times...

Good news has at last come, I succeeded at getting into my pathway 'fashion image'!!! exciting times DEFINETLY. We had to choose different options and I chose option 1.Vintage lace and sepia trimmings.
What the hell is a sepia trimming? all that came up on google were Louis Vouitton hadbags...

Anyway, I looked at this artist Hans Bellmer and I really love his art, it is quite macabre and intense and really morbid which is what I like about it. His work contains pieces of dead looking dolls with feminine characteristics such as bows. I like how his ideas in his pieces do not necessarily have to be typically beautiful but still contain a subtle attractiveness. I found it easy to generate ideas and be inspired by him.
In this piece, his work reminds me of Jenny Saville because of the way he distorts the body and increasing the proportion and Jenny Saville's work is often of naked over-weight people. This is interesting because we don't tend to imagine naked over-weight people because (most of us) don't think it is beautiful. But somehow Hans Bellmer makes this image work.


The face- Madonna in 10 years time? (If she lays off the botox)

No comments:

Post a Comment